What is it with these guru's ?

I've read with great intrest that there are actually more people than just myself that don't think that one man can determine whether a wine is good or excellent. 1WineDude mentions on his blogpost about some strange quotes from Robert Parker that basically put himself on a piedestal and implies that the rest of wine loving world doesn't know what they are talking about.

I sometimes notice the same behaviour in peoples behaviour in other areas where some people get the status of guru and basically thinks they are the sole source of truth. (think Bernard Madoff just to name one)

This of course doesn't mean that I am not influenced with the scores that are given by Mr. Parker, but I am not rich/snobish enough to just follow this guru and taste only wines that get >90 points.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be gentle when giving comments, my whole family is also reading this ...