Monte Lindo Malbec/Merlot

On saturday I went to Mondovino to buy one of their promotion wines (MoDa, more on that later) and to prepare for a wine-tasting session on Chili and Argentina that I will be hosting in my company's wine club somewhere in june (more on all that later as well probably).

I knew already that I absolutely want to let people taste the excellent Trapiche Broquel Malbec (slow link) that we have enjoyed already numerous times since a few years. The guy in the shop also recommended a cheaper, probably more accessible for people that aren't big fans of wood-matured wine that I could try. The Alta Vista Finca Monte Lindo Malbec/Merlot blend (the Alta Vista bodega doesn't show the wine on their website, strange).

As it was for the better cause of learning my colleagues to enjoy the greatness of Argentinian wine I decided to buy two bottles and give it a go, even without tasting, which is not something I typically adventure anymore these days.

Anyhow  my wife and I opened the bottle on Sunday evening to enjoy it with a fresh bowl of Chile con Carne and although we initially thought it was a bit of a dissapointment (lightly coloured, lots of alcohol in the aroma, etc.) the bottle didn't survive the evening ...
Conclusion: I do think this is indeed a good wine for its price (about 7€)  to be drank with all kinds of food by all kinds of people.

I will keep you informed about what the colleagues think of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be gentle when giving comments, my whole family is also reading this ...