A multilingual wine tasting method

Today I bumped into the Wine & Spirit Education Trust which is an originally UK based organization that offers wine tasting educations all over the world, including in Belgium. I can imagine that their primary target for the education is rather professionals in stead of amateurs as they have different levels of education (from Foundation (level 1) to Honours (level 5)). But I might consider a level 2 course one of the coming years.

They have developed a tasting method they called WSET (tm) (wow, impressive) that allows people to systematically analyse a wine.

What especially caught my eye however is that their Level 2 (Intermediate) tasting sheet is freely available in multiple languages (e.g. English, Dutch, ...) which is very interesting for the next time we organize a wine tasting event where I work (there is almost always some people that doesn't speak Dutch natively).

The sheets basically contain the same elements as those that are used in the tastevin-wijncursus that I attend this year, although that one is in Dutch only..
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be gentle when giving comments, my whole family is also reading this ...