posting from Singapore ...

As I had the chance to go to Singapore for my job I of course need to tell you somewhat more about the experience of wines in outside of Belgium.

We, i.e. my colleague and I, started of with Crozes-Hermitage (northern part of the Rhone valley, thus Shiraz) half-bottle of wine (37.5cl) in the restaurant "The Brasserie" in the Lounge2 of Schiphol airport accompanies with a nice steak with truffle-sauce.

In the plane there was some 'cheap' red wine in small bottles (10cl I believe) that accompanied the dinner that was server at 11pm.

When arriving at Singapore after a flight with much turbulence (and thus little sleep), we went with all colleagues that arrived from several parts of the world to Riverside point to have a nice dinner at a Thai restaurant. I had the honour to select the white wine. Altough I wanted to go for a German (sweet) Gewurtrzaminer to handle the spicy food, they did not have any of that.

In stead I picked an Alsace blend of Riesling and Pinot Gris which was not too bad and stood up quite well to the onslauht of spicy food, but unforuntately this was the last bottle they stocked.
As second bottle of white wine we had a decent Riesling from New Zealand which was good, some what sour but still quite fruity.

Tomorrow is another day, with probably more dining and wining, thus keep posted ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be gentle when giving comments, my whole family is also reading this ...