Cadlillac Wines ...

Some US readers of this blog that are not familiar with Bordeaux sweet wines may rather thing about the famous US Car Manufacturer, but I am talking here about the AOC Cadillac which is a small region in Bordeaux where they make excellent sweet wines. One of which I was able to enjoy last friday.

The Cadillac AOC is situated at the other side of the Garonne river than the better known (to me at least) AOC Sauternes and AOC Barsac.

Strangely enough there is a link between the car's name and the AOC's name: Antoine de la Mothe, who was born in the village of Cadillac, and went on to found the city of Detroit ...

Anyhow, back to the wine: the wine I drank was not from a famous chateau or anything, but it was already a 1999 vintage which is not too old, but the colour of the wine did show quite some evolution towards light orange already. The smell was quite peculiar and I cannot really name what aromas I did smell, but the taste was definetely different from the aroma.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be gentle when giving comments, my whole family is also reading this ...