A fairtrade white wine


This evening when my parents-in-law came by to say hello we drank a nice white wine on the terrace outside as aperitif.

It was an Oxfam's Torrontes - Sauvignon blanc wine that I got as a present a while back. I must say that I was happily surprised to find this wine to be this good.
Apparently this wine is made in La Riojana a cooperation of a few hundred farmers in the North-West of Argentina, but no reference is to be found on the website.



The Sauvignon Blanc's agrum flavour was very well hidden by the Torrontes grape that added more flowery aromas to the wine.

Apparently this Torrontes grape is as specific for Argentina as Malbec is these days although it originally came from the old world (like most grapes in South-America together with the Spanish priests that needed wines for their Catholic ceremonies)

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be gentle when giving comments, my whole family is also reading this ...