Wine auctions ...

Another day, another thing to learn ...

I learned from a cousin of my wife about Veiling Sylvies a place where one can bid online for monthly wine auctions. He even managed to buy a number of bottles of Kasteel Withof, the fancy 1-michelin-star-awarded restaurant that seized business a few weeks ago.

Although the concept of an auction of wine that you didn't even taste is kind of strange to me (as I hardly buy any wine that I haven't tasted myself) it is possible to do some really nice bargains it seems.

I've registered for the site and will surely have a look when the next auction catalog is presented.

2 comments:

  1. Somebody had to be the first to post a comment on this nice blog ... :-)

    The above mentioned wine auction is surely worth a look. (I'm the cousin of the wife of the author's blog)

    Yesterday I've discovered that I'm not the only one in the family who's interested in everything which involves wine. This looks promising for future family reunions ...

    Back to the most important of this comment, the wine.
    Today I bought a bottle in "Delhaize". (Supermarket which offers reasonable wines)
    The "victim" is a Margaux - Chateau Haut Tayac 2006 (cru bourgeois). Needless to say the boutle is currently already half ... :-)
    Nice wine for the price. Don't expect a full grown Margaux. A little sour with almost no taninnes. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not the first, already got a few comments from the boss of Tong Magazine of which I said that I was sceptic a while ago :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please be gentle when giving comments, my whole family is also reading this ...