For those who thought I stopped enjoying wine ...

Although I am not blogging a lot lately (understatemen of the year I guess) there is now a good reason to post something again in this blog: I just won the Wine World Taster Of  The Year 2012 Competition which was organised under sponsorship of Gault and Millau's Antwerp Wine Event.



For those that remember I tried this already two years ago (but did not even reach the final back then), but this time I am happy to say that I did not only make the final, but also won the competition which had a main theme my favorite wine country: Spain.

For the occassion this took place in 'de PIVA' which is Antwerp's most famous provincial highshool where a large number of chefs and sommeliers are studying on a daily basis.

Prize money was of the liquid kind and I have been told it is worth a fair amount of money, which I will probably never cash as I am too curious about how this expensive stuff tastes like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be gentle when giving comments, my whole family is also reading this ...