A first try at "Vlaamse landwijn"

It's been about two weeks since I posted on this blog apparently. Time for some quick updates.

This weekend I finally tried my first Belgian Wines. It was not any of the 'Hagelandse'-wine which is probably most (in)-famous, but rather the more regular "Vlaamse landwijn" from 'Domein De Kluizen' near the city of Aalst (Herdersem to be precise).

The tasting was part of another old fashioned, but wonderful, tasting at Wijnen Van Durme in Merksem where they featured 2 dry whites, one sweet white and one red wine from De Kluizen. (and some very nice other wines too)

The red wine was a blend of Dornfelder and Zweigelt grapes and has quite some taninnes and spices in the taste, which made them quite good. I did not like any of the white wines ... although the sweet white wine was supposed to be very good and comparable to the German highest quality Trockenbeerenauslese, I prefer more Sauternes style white sweet wine.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be gentle when giving comments, my whole family is also reading this ...